Responsible for delegated technical aspects of design and for meeting demands of finance and timescale.
Your responsibilities and duties
- Selection of electrical/electronic hardware for design in accordance with customer requirements, including MoD, involving liaison with suppliers.
- Engineering design and production of documentation for hardware and software control systems. The design to fully comply with the companies and/or the customer’s requirements.
- Development of automation and control software that will be installed on process plants to fully comply with the companies and/or the customer’s requirements.
- Direction of Design Office during production of designs, including checking.
- Operation of the Company’s Departmental Procedures.
- Liaison with production/sub-contractors during manufacture and test of control systems, sub-assemblies etc. Supervision of technicians building prototype units.
- Testing and fault finding of control and test systems, including preparation of relevant documentation.
- Visits to clients’ offices or sub-contractor/suppliers’ works as required.
- Analysis, assessment and deployment of modern technology to improve the effectiveness, operation and accessibility of information at the company.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Background of electrical/electronic manufacturing practices.
- Structured, logical approach to engineering design.
- Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision to a programme
- Membership of professional institute.
- Time served Apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with military equipment requirements.
- Experience of using PLCs and/or embedded systems- of both hardware and software aspects.
- Confident manner.
- Flexible approach.
- Positive attitude.
Role travel requirements
- Some travel to other TP group offices in the UK may occasionally be required.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
Insignis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are named Insignis because our core values are:
- Be Remarkable
- Have Integrity
- Grow Together