Role and Responsibilities
- Identify all required Permit documents and EIAs and associated constraints for the assigned projects.
- Identify the risks associated with these activities.
- Co-ordinate with the rest of the Project team (especially Planning) and Marine competence centre (especially Survey/CRS) to ensure that milestones and deliverables are aligned.
- Produce the Permit RACI matrix to confirm that project permit responsibilities and interfaces are carefully allocated, and ownership assigned.
- Identify and assist Purchasing in the appointment of specialist permit contractors with relevant experience and expertise. Specify their scope of work and closely control and manage their activities throughout the project.
- Provide regular financial status and programme reports during the projects lifecycle.
- Liaise with ASN legal where required for specific legal support if required for the permitting process.
- Report and present to Customers as required by the project team, including as required attendance at Customer meetings.
- Occasional support to bid teams through providing total cost, timescale required and input to contractual terms and conditions for Permitting activities.
- Research, record, maintain and update, from past project and bidding records, studies and online sources, the permitting and regulatory requirements for permitting submarine cables in national and sub-national jurisdictions worldwide.
- Understand, interpret and process the information gathered, and include it in the Project Knowledge Base, in a manner that will inform future bids and assist in the implementation of projects.
- Maintain, for internal use by the Permitting and Environment Unit, records of experience and assessments of performance of permitting contractors, and model forms of contracts.
- Experience and good understanding of regulatory control and permitting process required for infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable experience in project management, managing sub-contractors and managing own workload
- Background in a high-risk industry such as Civil Engineering, Construction, Housing, Marine/Coastal, Manufacturing that requires permitting
- Able to communicate clearly with stakeholders, customers and directors with updates and information on the project
- Willing to travel overseas occasionally, as required (2-3 times per year)
Insignis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are named Insignis because our core values are:
- Be Remarkable
- Have Integrity
- Grow Together